LION Embarks On Three Year Strategic Plan
Libraries Online, Inc., a 28-member library consortium, is in the first stages of a three-year strategic plan. Three working groups have been charged with the following tasks, with a completion date of 28 June 2019:
Governance Working Group
- Revised mission;
- Updated by-laws, general policies, and membership guidelines;
- Redesigned working groups, including guidelines and procedures.
- Endorsement of best practices for libraries, information technology, and not-for-profit organizations.
Technology Working Group
- Help Desk and Asset Management system.
- Assessment of Next Generation Integrated Library Systems.
Delivery Working Group
- Delivery service notification system.
When complete, these initiatives, based in collaboration and a dedication to continuous improvement, will not only make LION more focused and efficient, they will directly inform the strategic work of the coming fiscal year. This is an exciting time to be a LION member library, and the opportunity to be involved in, and contribute to, strategic planning is a rich and rewarding one.