Lion Circulation Committee Minutes December 15 2016
– DeliverIT considerations
– stats and patron goodwill being affected
– backlogs & stale holds are problems
– E-route seems to be most affected
– North Branford, Durham and Middletown have significant backlog of items to be delivered
– most items are being sent – except of course the new items –
– running/filling hold list – seems to depend on timing of pickups –
– some libraries are delivering items to other libraries
– perhaps time for Lion libraries to hire service to take care of backlog and
then see what happens
– consultant delivering deliverIT opinion end of January – then what?
– Expired holds and the holdshelf
– most keep items on holdshelf for 7 days
– any questions ask Andy at Lion
– Please Clear Every Day
– ok to waive old small (under $1) fines from expired cards (usually under 3 years)
– what is a really expired card?
– appears 3 & 5 years are the typical for expiration date
– do not delete other library cards if replacement/billed items on that card
– contact Andy if you want a mass deletion of expired cards
– to identify patrons with same name
– use middle name/initial
– Birth date is available on patron record template – ask Andy
– especially those moving from town to town and getting card
– New item status added “Display2”
– Time to get back to the Best Practices recommendations
Libraries have different rules and considerations!
Call! Email! Text! Talk to each other!