Circulation Meeting Minutes June 5th, 2014
New Lion library : Hamden
– Plan to go live with Lion and Sierra on July 22.
– don’t put items on hold yet
– Empty/delete report lists – queries can be saved to run again –
– if need report for awhile report can be saved to smaller list or exported
In transit List
– Need to check shelves for in-transit items. Can run our own reports.
– New status “K” for missing in transit –
– message field will include “in transit too long”
– sometimes is not removed when item is checked in – so have to remove (Alan is contacting Sierra)
– Andy will run old in-transit lists – do we need to set date when these will be checked?
– Send list to Ccar – ask them to look for items under the seats in cars? Vans? warehouses?
Duplicate Patron Records
– patrons records can be merged if items and history warrant it
– Alan will send instructions
CCard field in patron records
– Connecticut Libraries should be set up with a ccard code (our lion code 200) to distinguish and be counted as ILL in reports (not be counted in ccard).
– Also can use Lion patron type 0 for further identifying ILL types.
– People/patrons should be set up with hometown library ccard # and activity will be counted in ccard reports.
– Alan will change CCARD stats template to reflect Rathbun / East Haddam changes.
Miscellaneous patron record issues
– Lion email shows email delivery rejections for Sierra notices (hold/late)
– Add message to patron record requesting email update (include date/library)
– also can use Patron Message “Check email address”
– remove message when corrected.
– Can add an address line using dollar sign ("$") as a separator
– Follow CCar instructions for branches and same town libraries
– Ledyard Bill (b-94) & Ledyard Gales Ferry (b-93) are individual libraries
– Rathbun ?
– libraries with branches, wrap items separately and write branch name of remarks line
– North Branford (A-137) Smith / Atwater
– West Haven (A-205) Main / Mason / Piantino
– Hamden (A-75) Miller / Whitneyville / Community
Billed Items / Issues
– Judy S. – survey
– Payment may be collected by lending library for Lost and/or Damaged items belonging to other libraries, have check/money order made out to the owning library.
– Appears most libraries block patrons only when items are billed/lost.
– Billed/lost Items while usually suppressed or withdrawn are left on patrons records
– Varies by library as to when items are withdrawn from system
– If problems – like message on OPAC “call library for status” item usually on holdshelf
– notify Lion with questions
– Patrons can use “frozen” on opac to delay holds – or ask library to modify receive date
– when are email notices sent? Is there a problem?
– currently sent at 5am – perhaps should sent be more often
– Alan will test running at other times – early afternoon and closing (8/9pm)
– the Board approved adding the Agency Holds module to Sierra which allows hold prioritization for libraries with branches. No date has been set.
Reciprocal borrowing policies
– Mitchell / East Lyme Students using respective library cards at public libraries / vice versa.
– Libraries handling this differently based on internal policies
– back to Board meeting – EH and MC patron cards not guaranteed use at LION libraries?
Report training needed
– need to schedule with Lion
Thanks to Old Saybrook for use of their meeting room.
Next meeting September