Libraries Online, Inc.
Associate Director’s Annual Report 2014
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, we added a couple of new libraries to LION this year: Bethany’s Clark Memorial Library joined in January of 2014 and the Hamden Public Libraries joined us this past summer. Bethany used Follett’s Destiny software, so we were able to add to our arsenal of different library systems we have migrated to our Innovative ILS. Hamden also presented us with a new learning opportunity as, while they were on Dynix, they were on the “Horizon” side of Dynix rather than the “classic” side of Dynix from which LION migrated back in 2006. Hamden’s migration was more complex in that they have a main library and 2 branches, but all went well in bringing them on board. We are presently adding the Rathbun library’s fellow town library, the East Haddam Free Public Library. The two libraries have recently joined forces to become the East Haddam Library System, and we are moving the data from their Verso system to Sierra during January of 2015.
The current state of the LION database (as of 12/12/14) with last year’s numbers in parentheses:
• Bibliographic records: 842,422 (881,155)
• Item records: 2,627,730 (2,492,515)
• Authority records: 665,133 (634,813)
• Order records: 196,777 (185,639)
• Patron records: 430,398 (387,900)
Projects accomplished, conferences attended, and other activities 2014:
• Clark Memorial Library migration from Follett stand alone to Sierra
• Hamden Public Libraries migration from Dynix Horizon stand alone to Sierra
• East Haddam Free Public Library migration from Verso stand alone to Sierra (in process)
• Scheduled and monitored Sierra system upgrades as needed, currently on v. 1.2.2_6
• Attended Innovative User’s Group Meeting
• CT Consortia meetings
• LION Board, Circ, Bib Committee meetings
• Individual LION library training and consultation for create lists, loan rule adjustments, etc.
• Ongoing database cleanup of duplicate records, records with no holdings, stale holds, etc.
Associate Director, Libraries Online