Libraries Online, Inc.
Associate Director’s Annual Report 2012
LION migrated from Innovative Interface’s Millennium to Innovative’s Sierra platform in December of 2012. While advertised by III as a low impact migration for LION staff, it turned out to take a surprising amount of time and effort to configure Sierra properly for our users (an effort that continues into the new year). I also started the process of examining the existing records and circulation structure of our incoming library, Old Saybrook’s Acton Library. The actual migration will take place early in 2013, but we were able to get a good start on the process, while maintaining our main focus on bringing up Sierra. Finally, I was a member of the revision subcommittee of the LION Bibliographic Committee and we undertook a major revision of the bibliographic portion of the LION General Policies and made extensive revisions to LION’s Bibliographic Policy Manual.
The current state of the LION database (as of 12/12/12) with last year’s numbers in parentheses:
• Bibliographic records: 861,093 (840,708)
• Item records: 2,496,305 (2,516,469)
• Authority records: 617,918 (588,956)
• Order records: 151,099 (155,947)
• Patron records: 364,158 (380,862)
• Community Info Database records: 3,230 (3,168)
• Newspaper Index Database records: 213,388 (203,561)
Projects accomplished, conferences attended, and other activities 2011:
• Innovative Interface’s Sierra migration from Millennium
• Revision of LION General Policies and Bibliographic Policies Manuals
• Innovative User’s Group Annual Conference
• CT Consortia meetings
• LION Board, Circ, Bib, LUX Committee meetings
• Individual LION library training and consultation for create lists, loan rule adjustments, etc.
• Ongoing record loads for Baker and Taylor, Ebrary, Brodart, Overdrive, Midwest, etc.
• Ongoing database cleanup of duplicate records, records with no holdings, stale holds, etc.
• Continue setting up and streamlining access to Sierra
• Add Old Saybrook’s Acton Library to LION by setting up in Sierra
Andy Gardner Associate Director